Kids got the munchies? Reach for the air fryer and make air fryer banana chips, perfect for parties, picnics, or a healthy, grab-and-go snack! Thin sliced bananas are lightly coated with coconut oil and fried to crispy perfection for a fun snack that everyone will love! Post-play or post workout, air fryer banana chips are one of my favorite guilt-free, sweet snacks!
Air Fryer Banana Chips
- 3 unripe green bananas
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the air fryer at 360°F
- Peel the bananas
- Mix the salt and water
- Slice the bananas into ⅛ inch rounds
- Soak the bananas in the salt water for 5-10 minutes
- Drain the water and dry the banana chips
- Melt the coconut oil and coat the banana chips with the oil
- Cook the banana chips for 15 minutes at 360°F
- Let cool for 5 minutes (they will harden as they cool down)
- Serve or store in an airtight container.
- It is best to use unripe green bananas for this recipe.
- Slice the bananas uniformly so that they cook evenly.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice into the salt water for a change of pace.