Baking these blueberry muffins in the air fryer will surprise you at how delicious and easy they are. Because an air fryer works with its hot circulating air, blueberry muffins bake up fluffy and light. Skip the bakery and make homemade blueberry muffins today. This scrumptious breakfast, brunch, or lunchbox special for the kids, can be ready to enjoy in 20 minutes.
Why you will love this recipe?
- It’s quick and it’s simple to make
- It only requires one mixing bowl
- The family will love warm blueberry muffins with melty butter on top right from the air fryer
- You won’t have to deal with the oven!
- Don’t forget the milk, hot coffee, or tea
Equipment you will need for air fryer blueberry muffins:
- Air fryer
- Mixing bowl
- Silicone muffin cups
Ingredients you will need for air fryer blueberry muffins:
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh blueberries
- Optional streusel ingredients include sugar, flour, cinnamon, and unsalted butter
How do you bake blueberry muffins in an air fryer?
- PREHEAT the air fryer to 320 degrees F.
- MIX WELL all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Be sure to gently add the blueberries last, saving a few to sprinkle on top
- SPRAY silicon muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray
- FILL muffins cups 3/4 full with batter and sprinkle the extra blueberries on top of each muffin
- OPTIONAL: add streusel topping on top
- COOK at 320 degrees F for 14 minutes
Can you use paper muffin cups in an air fryer?
You can use paper muffin cups, but be very careful. If you must use paper cups, place the paper muffin cups in an oven-safe ramekin. Do not use paper muffin cups by themselves.
Jumbo paper muffin cups allow enough room in the ramekins so the muffin can rise and expand as they bake.
If standard paper muffin cups are used, the muffins may brown on top but don’t fully bake inside. Large muffin paper cups paired with a large ramekin works fine.
We recommend silicon muffins cups as best when used in an air fryer since paper muffin cups can move into the heating element during cooking and catch fire.
What temperature do you use to cook air fryer blueberry muffins in an air fryer?
Set the temperature at 320 degrees F and cook the blueberry muffins for 14 minutes.
How do you know when air fryer blueberry muffins are done?
To check for doneness, the blueberry muffins will be slightly risen and golden brown on top. Insert a toothpick inside to check for doneness. The toothpick should come out dry. If the toothpick comes out wet, put the blueberry muffins back in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes and check again.
Can you freeze air fryer blueberry muffins after cooking in an air fryer?
You can freeze any leftover blueberry muffins in an airtight contain or freezer bag and reheat for 30-45 seconds in the microwave until warmed through.
How long can you safely store air fryer blueberry muffins in the refrigerator after cooking?
If you have any leftover air fryer blueberry muffins, you can store them in the refrigerator in a baggie for 3-4 days and reheat for 1-2 minutes in the air fryer.
How do you reheat blueberry muffins in an air fryer?
If you store the leftover blueberry muffins in the refrigerator for a few days, reheat in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes. If you freeze leftover blueberry muffins in an airtight container, reheat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
What is the difference between an air fryer and a traditional convection oven?
An air fryer is different from a convection oven mainly due to its size. An air fryer doesn’t require heating up a large appliance as a full-sized oven. An air fryer uses hot air to circulate all around the food like a convection oven but is much more economical to use. It preheats faster and cooks faster than a convection oven. An air fryer provides a different texture than a tradition convection oven.
Tips to making great blueberry muffins in an air fryer:
- Don’t over mix the batter, it will be tough and the blueberries may break
- Gently add the blueberries last with a wooden spoon or spatula
- Add any berry you like, just cut them to the size of a blueberry. Raspberries can be left whole.
- Place 3 or 4 additional berries on top of each muffin before you bake.
- To make a healthier blueberry muffin, use a mixture of whole wheat flour and gluten-free flour.
- If you must use frozen blueberries, do not defrost them, just use them frozen.
- It is best to invest in silicone muffin cups. Paper muffin cups can move into the heating element and catch fire.
Air Fryer Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup flour all-purpose
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar granulated
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup milk
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup blueberries
Streusel Topping (Optional)
- ¼ cup sugar granulated
- 1 tbsp flour all-purpose
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon ground
- 2 tsp unsalted butter melted
- Preheat your air fryer to 320°F
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients, and mix well in to a smooth batter
- Spray silicone muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray
- Fill muffin cups with batter, to about ¾ full, allowing space for the muffin to rise
- Optional: add streusel mix
- Place the partly filled muffin cups into your air fryer and cook at 320°F for 14 minutes
Streusel Topping (optional)
- Mix together the sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir in the butter, and set aside