Ok, is this a recipe for bread pudding or for a big ol’ loaf of s’mores? Get ready, because with this Chocolate Marshmallow Bread Pudding, you’re actually getting both desserts in one!
Some bread pudding recipes call for day old or stale bread. While that’s a perfectly fine way to use up those bread odds and ends, this bread pudding recipe takes it to another level and calls for flaky, buttery croissants instead. After the croissants soak up all of that rich custardy goodness, the pudding only needs about 25 minutes in the air fryer before turning into the marshmallow and chocolate chip studded dessert of your dreams.
Air Fryer Chocolate Marshmallow Bread Pudding
- 2.5 cup heavy cream
- 0.25 cup chocolate chips
- non-stick cooking spray
- 5 croissants, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 0.5 tsp kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 0.75 cup sugar
- 0.5 cup mini marshmallows
- Use a blender to combine the eggs, salt, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and cream. Puree until smooth.
- Place the croissant cubes into the basket and toast at 400°F for 5 mins.
- Place the toasted cubes into the custard mix to soak.
- Spritz an oven-safe dish with non-stick cooking spray and add the pudding mix along with the chocolate and marshmallows. Mix together before placing the dish into the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 340°F for 25 mins.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving warm with whipped cream.