Garlic bread remains one of my personal favorite things to eat, either by itself or with any of my favorite Italian or pasta main dishes. This simple recipe for air fryer garlic bread is surprisingly quick and easy to cook and makes a toasty and flavorful bread to enjoy on the side. Try not to fill up on it before you get to your main dish.
Why you will love this air fryer garlic bread:
- This recipe is so versatile, you can add freshly grated parmesan cheese or even more freshly minced garlic. It’s all in your personal preference!
- This recipe can be prepped and cooked and ready to enjoy all in about 10-12 minutes total, what’s not to love!
- Consider freezing your prepped garlic bread ahead of time in an airtight container for an even quicker total prep and cook time for your meal.
What you will need to make garlic bread in the air fryer
You will need a basting brush, a garlic press, a small bowl, and an air fryer. The ingredients you will need are a loaf of either fresh Italian or French bread, butter, garlic, and minced fresh parsley.
How do you make garlic bread in an air fryer?
Simply cut the whole loaf of Italian or French bread in half lengthwise first, then half horizontally. Mix the melted butter, minced garlic, and chopped parsley in a small bowl. Brush the butter mixture over 2 halves of bread evenly. Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F. Place garlic bread in the air fryer basket buttered side up without overlapping. Cook the bread for 5 minutes or until the edges are a beautiful golden brown. Enjoy your warm and toasty garlic bread! Plan on not having any leftovers. It’s just that delicious!
Can you use frozen bread to cook garlic bread?
You can absolutely use frozen bread to cook garlic bread in the air fryer. Keep in mind a whole frozen loaf is harder to slice before spreading the delicious melted butter mixture over the top of the Italian or French bread. My preference is to always keep things simple and fresh, not frozen, especially in the air fryer.
Can you toast bread in the air fryer?
You can technically toast bread in the air fryer, but the toaster oven is more efficient when it comes to toasting bread. Toasting bread in the air fryer works best when the bread has butter or oil on the outside of the bread.
What temperature do you use to cook garlic bread in an air fryer?
Your air fryer temperature should be preheated to 350 degrees F before placing the garlic bread into it. One of the convenient things about air fryers is, they preheat very quickly, within minutes.
How long do you cook garlic bread in an air fryer?
At 350 degrees F, the garlic bread will be done in 5 minutes. It’s up to your personal preference though, some people like it a little more golden and crispy on top, while others may like it a little more soft and buttery. You can adjust the 5 minutes cooking time to suit your family or guests.
How do you reheat cooked garlic bread in an air fryer?
It’s easy, it works best to preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees but warm the garlic bread for a shorter amount of time, just 2-3 minutes max. You will want to just warm it up without browning the garlic bread any more.
Can you freeze garlic bread after cooking in an air fryer?
The best way to store garlic bread after cooking in the air fryer is to freeze it, especially if you need to store it long-term. Wrap each piece tightly in foil, wax paper, or plastic freezer wrap and place in a heavy duty airtight freezer bag. If necessary the garlic bread can be frozen up to 6 months. Be sure and cool the cooked garlic bread first before wrapping and placing it into the freezer.
How long can you store garlic bread after cooking?
Leftover garlic bread, when wrapped tightly in foil and placed in an airtight container, can be stored for up to 3 days in the refrigerator if needed. It is not recommended though, as the bread tends to quickly dry out and become stale. It is best to freeze, not refrigerate, the baked, then cooled garlic bread.
What dishes go well with garlic bread?
My favorite dishes to serve garlic bread with, are any Italian or pasta dish. It is also a classic side to almost any kind of soup, especially tomato soup. It goes well with bean, vegetable, chicken or beef soups too. I really love garlic bread alongside classic beef stew or even artichoke dip. Garlic bread makes any meal even better!
Things you can make ahead:
You can prepare the garlic bread ahead of time before cooking. Just seal in an airtight container, and even freeze ahead of time if needed. If your meal is planned for the current week, your garlic bread will keep in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days. My preference is to prepare and cook the air fryer garlic bread on the day you will be eating it for the best flavor.
Tips to cooking garlic bread in the air fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer before cooking the garlic bread. Preheating is quick in an air fryer.
- You can add grated parmesan cheese and herbs, like thyme and rosemary, to the melted butter mixture.
- You can substitute dried parsley for the fresh, minced parsley. Fresh parsley has s stronger taste than dried parsley.
- Place the slices of garlic bread in a single layer in the air fryer and try not to touch or overlap the slices so they will toast uniformly.
- You can always adjust the timing to how crispy you want your garlic bread to be. It’s all in your family’s personal preferences.
- Remember, everyone LOVES garlic bread! You probably won’t have any leftovers to enjoy as a late-night snack!
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- 1 large soft Italian or French loaf
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp minced fresh parsley or use 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Cut a French or Italian loaf in half lengthwise and split in half horizontally.
- Melt butter in microwave (about 30 seconds).
- Mix melted butter, garlic & parsley together in a small bowl.
- Brush or spoon butter mixture over the two halves evenly.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Place garlic bread in air fryer basket buttered side up
- Cook air fryer garlic bread for 5 minutes or until the edges are a deep golden brown.
- Serve hot!