Delicious air fryer turkey tenderloin is a fan favorite…and ready to serve in 30 minutes! We love quick & easy air fryer recipes that are also healthy. This turkey tenderloin checks all of the boxes.
What is turkey tenderloin?
The turkey tenderloin is the boneless, skinless portion of meat, hidden under the turkey breast. It is tender since this portion of the muscle does not get much exercise. Turkey tenderloin is white meat similar to the turkey breast.
Is turkey tenderloin the same as the turkey breast?
The turkey tenderloin is just a portion of the larger 4 to 6 pound breast. The tenderloin can be about 8 ounces to a pound in size. The breast has the bone in and the skin on, while the tenderloin is skinless and boneless.
How do you cook turkey tenderloin in an an air fryer?
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the herbs and seasonings in a bowl and liberally rub the mixture all over the top and bottom of the turkey tenderloin.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with olive oil.
- Place your turkey tenderloin in the basket and cook for 25 minutes, flipping it once at the halfway point.
Can you cook frozen turkey tenderloin in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen turkey in the air fryer. You’ll want to cook at lower temperature (330F) and cook for a longer amount of time (40-50 minutes). The internal temperature should be the USDA recommended 165F when the turkey is done.
What temperature do you use to cook turkey tenderloin in an air fryer?
To cook the turkey tenderloin in an air fryer, use a temperature of 350 degrees F.
How do you know when turkey tenderloin is done?
Turkey tenderloin will be done in 25 minutes when using an air fryer. The internal temperature at the center of the turkey tenderloin should be 165 degrees F using a meat thermometer. Visually, the turkey tenderloin will be golden brown. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, cut into the turkey tenderloin and the juices will run clear when done.
Is it safe to eat rare turkey tenderloin?
It is never safe to eat rare poultry of any kind. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees F to be considered safe according to the U.S.D.A.
What happens if you eat undercooked turkey?
A common bacteria in undercooked poultry is Salmonella. It can cause diarrhea, fever, stomach cramps and vomiting.
Is turkey tenderloin healthy?
Due to its low fat and calorie content when compared to other meat such as beef, boneless and skinless turkey tenderloin is considered a healthy food. Turkey contains high quality protein and rich nutrients including B vitamins, zinc, which boosts the immune system and aids in healing, selenium and phosphorus. Turkey is considered heart healthy.
How many calories does turkey tenderloin have?
A 4 ounce serving of turkey tenderloin has about 100 calories.
Can I marinade turkey tenderloin before cooking in an air fryer?
Turkey tenderloin is lean and can dry out. As such, marinating before cooking is a good idea.
How do you reheat turkey tenderloin in an air fryer?
Reheat the turkey tenderloin by preheating the air fryer to 350 degrees F. Place the leftover turkey in the basket of the air fryer and cook for about 5 – 6 minutes.
Can you freeze turkey tenderloin after cooking in an air fryer?
Leftover turkey tenderloin can be frozen up to 3 months. Let it cool to room temperature first, then wrap in freezer wrap or place in a resealable bag, and second in an airtight container for the best quality. Write the date you freeze the cooked turkey tenderloin on the outside of the container to insure the quality and safety of the meat.
How long can you safely store turkey tenderloin after cooking?
Leftover turkey tenderloin can be stored safely for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Cool the cooked turkey tenderloin first and place in an airtight resealable bag for the best quality. After 3-4 days, the turkey tenderloin may lose some of its tender, juicy taste.
What sides go well with turkey tenderloin?
As a healthy main dish, turkey tenderloin can be served with:
- steamed broccoli with ranch dressing
- corn on the cob
- roasted brussel sprouts
- roasted or mashed potatoes
- on top of a salad
Does turkey tenderloin get tender in an air fryer?
Since the turkey tenderloin is the most tender portion of the turkey, it will be tender and juicy when cooked in an air fryer. Don’t overcook it, as it can become dried out.
Tips to make a great turkey tenderloin in an air fryer:
- Don’t let the turkey tenderloin go higher than 165 degrees to prevent it from drying out.
- If you don’t have a meat thermometer, just cut into the cooked turkey tenderloin and the juices will run clear when done.
- If you cook a lot of turkey or chicken, you probably have memorized 165 degrees as the ‘safe and done’ temperature.
- Turkey tenderloin cooks way faster than the turkey breast since it is boneless.
- If you don’t have all the herbs and seasonings listed in our recipe, you can always use the same amount of Italian seasoning instead.
- Just fyi, a cutlet is just a thin slice of the turkey tenderloin.
Air Fryer Turkey Tenderloin
- 1 turkey breast tenderloin
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp sage
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F
- Rub turkey in the mixture of herbs and spices.
- Spray air fryer basket with any oil spray.
- Place your turkey in the air fryer basket and cook for 25 minutes, flipping once about halfway.
Leave a Reply