- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 20m
- Category: Vegetable
- Servings: 2 people
- Your favourite tomato sauce or (garlic) mayonnaise
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 Large egg, beaten
- 1 Large eggplant
- Peel the eggplant and slice lengthways into 1/2 inch slices. Then cut them into 1/4 inch strips.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and milk together.
- Mix the panko breadcrumbs with grated parmesan - shaking in a container is the easiest way.
- Dip each eggplant strip in the egg mix before pressing into panko mix and coating both sides.
- Spritz the strips with non-stick spray and place in air fryer basket. Lay them out evenly and ensure the basket is not overcrowded.
- Cook at 400F, setting timer for 5 minutes. Ensure the outside is crisp before removing.
- Repeat with remaining strips.
- Once all strips are cooked, serve warm.
- Whip out your sauce and enjoy!
Leave a Reply