With all the air fryers out there on the market now, the Ninja Air Fryer 101 (AF101) is one of the best of the best, so it undeniably makes our Best Air Fryers list. Ninja is a reliable brand that makes high quality kitchen products and appliances, including coffee makers, blenders, pressure cookers and air fryers.
The Ninja AF101 air fryer has been on the market since 2018. It allows you to enjoy guilt-free food, using up to 75% less fat than traditional frying methods. Cooking performance, across the board, is above other air fryer competitors. It has 4 functions to elevate your cooking experience; air fry, roast, reheat, and dehydrate. These 4 functions have been found to work well for most anything you will be cooking. It is a true work horse. The removable parts are dishwasher safe. It can hold up to 2 pounds of french fries in its round basket. It has a nice black and gray streamlined design that will look excellent in any kitchen.
The Ninja AF101 air fryer currently sells for $99.99 on Amazon and at Target. The larger 5.5 quart capacity Ninja 161 Max XL air fryer currently sells for $131 on Amazon.
The family-sized 4 quart round basket fits up to 2 pounds of french fries OR it can hold up to 6 frozen fish fillets OR up to 2 pounds of chicken wings at one time. Included is a multi-layer rack to cook more than one item at a time. Cooking time and temp may vary when using the multi rack.
- The Ninja AF101 air fryer has a wide cooking range, from 105 to 400 degrees F allowing you to gently remove moisture from foods, or quickly cook and crisp foods with convection heat.
- It uses a heating element and fan to cook the food.
- 4 quart ceramic coated nonstick basket and crisper plate.
- The diameter of the basket is 8.5 inches x 4.5 inches deep.
- It has a pause button on the on/off switch.
- The combination of low fan speed and low temperature enables thorough dehydration.
- The Ninja AF101 air fryer weighs 10.58 pounds.
- The product dimensions are 14L x 11W x 13H in inches.
- The basket is nonstick and has a ceramic coating that is PTFE-free, FDA approved and food safe.
- BPA free
Ease of Use
It has a streamlined user experience and has a simple one-touch control panel. The Ninja AF101 air fryer provides one of the easiest to understand interfaces of all the models on the market today. Push one of the 4 different programmable cooking functions: air fry, roast, reheat or dehydrate digital button, then the temperature, and the length of time and you are off to the races! It maintains perfect accuracy of temperature so you can count on it providing the same results time and time again. It is recommended that you preheat the unit for 3 minutes before adding ingredients to achieve best results. It is safe to use parchment paper inside this Ninja AF101 4qt air fryer.
Ease of Cleanup
The Ninja AF101 Air Fryer has dishwasher safe removable parts. It has a relatively easy to clean basket, crisper plate, and a multi-layer rack. If there is food residue stuck on the basket or crisper plate, place them in a sink filled with warm soapy water and allow them to soak.Then use a soft sponge to help remove any remaining residue.
The Ninja Air Fryer 101 has a 1 year limited warranty.
The wattage on the Ninja AF101 4 quart air fryer is 1550W.
Ninja air fryer 101 4 quart reviews
96% of the reviews on Amazon come in above 4-stars, with over 31,500 reviews. 90% of the reviews on Target are 4 or 5 stars.
- Compact, streamlined design
- High quality
- Cooks fast
- 4 cooking functions
- Reliable brand
- Wide temperature control
- Very easy to use
- Consistent cooking results
- The crisper plate has grooves and holes so it is slightly more difficult to clean.
- The basket is round so it does not hold as much food as its square competitors.
- Can smell of plastic in the beginning.
- The outside of the unit can get warm during cooking, but not the handle or control panel.
- Some reviews report that it is loud.