The secret to the great taste of any food is the perfect ingredient measurement. Of course, you know that! And you do use volumetric measurements while cooking. But how do you measure anything that is not liquid? In a cup, teaspoon or tablespoon, isn’t it? How do you decide how much parsley to put when the recipe says a handful of parsley? What about the size of your hand, size of the leaves? Etc. And then there are ingredients like tomatoes and onions. How to decide a medium–sized tomato is the one you are holding? You see I went through all this confusion too when I first bought my air fryer and couldn’t cook the perfect meal. And I found the solution. You need the Best Kitchen Scales in your kitchen to nail any recipe perfectly.
What is a Kitchen Scale?
A kitchen scale is a small, dependable appliance which allows measuring your food ingredients accurately and getting results consistent with your recipes. It is a must in your kitchen because you can never do the kg to cup conversion as accurately as actually measuring it.
Benefits to Customers When Using Kitchen Scales with Air Fryers
Without a weighing scale, you are just working on approximation. And that never sits well with a complicated recipe. You change the measurement of one item and it changes for all other ingredients proportionally. A vegetable can weigh differently according to the size, so your flour measurement cannot remain according to the same cup. The weight is affected. A kitchen scale actually makes cooking easier and faster. It has a lot more other benefits as given here:
- As I have repeatedly said, they are more accurate than volumetric measurements for everything except liquids.
- They are very easy to use.
- They do not cost a fortune. They are an affordable kitchen accessory.
- They are very small, so won’t take up a lot of your kitchen space.
Top 3 Kitchen Scales on the Market
Here are the 3 best picks available on the market right now in our opinion:
This weighing scale is accurate and easy to use, but it has a lot more other features than that. The biggest positive factor is that it has a hook for hanging. So, it takes actually zero storage space. Plus, there is stainless steel body, high precision sensors, auto-off (meaning good battery life) and large digital display to make it the Best Kitchen Scale.
- The stainless steel surface is very easy to clean
- Net weight of the item can be measured by peeling function
- LCD display with blue light for night vision
- The high-precision tension meter sensing system gives accurate weight with less than 1% chance of error.
- It does not show nutritional information.
- It is not waterproof.
This weighing scale is available in many different colors to match your kitchen decor. And that is not the only offering it has. It is easy to clean, durable, accurate and consistent while measuring the items more than once.
- It is compact and lightweight.
- The display is large and easy to read.
- The control panel is sealed which protects it from accidental spills and makes it durable.
- It has got tare feature which clears the weight of the bowl or container before weighing.
- Non-slip rubber feet
- It only weighs up to 7 pounds
3. Vont Bowl Design 11lb/5kg Stainless Steel with Alarm Timer & Temperature Sensor Digital Kitchen Food Scale
Not everything you want to weigh sits well on a flat surface. And using a different container every time screws up the weight. That is why this sleek weighing scale is very useful. It has got a removable steel bowl of its own. It is easy to clean and shows weight, volume, and temperature. What more can anyone need?
- Stainless steel bowl is easy to wash, easy to store and durable.
- It shows both weight and volume. As a result, it can be used to weigh liquids too.
- It also allows measuring the temperature to make sure all the ingredients are in the right environment.
- If you change the measuring bowl, it also has a tare function.
- It has a built-in timer for up to 99 minutes.
- Quick and easy unit conversion
- It doesn’t have backlighting for display.
How to Choose the Best Kitchen Scales to Use with Your Air Fryer?
- Tare: The basic purpose of a weighing scale is to measure accurately. So the most important feature is the tare function. You need to know the weight of the ingredients without the container.
- Functionality: Having a weighing scale makes life easier. But a good scale should have a large weighing area and high capacity.
- Size: Utilisation of kitchen space is really important. So a weighing scale should be such that it does not take a lot of your kitchen space. It should be easy to store. It is always better if you can hang it on the wall.
- Measuring Units: Different ingredients are measured in different units. So if one single scale can handle grams, kilograms, ounces, pounds, litres everything, then it is worth buying.
We work just fine with approximation and in-house conversions. But trust me; once you find your Best Kitchen Scale, there is nothing more addictive. After you are used to a kitchen scale, you will realize how wrong you have been cooking all your life before. An air fryer needs a perfect mixture to cook up the perfect recipe. So if you want your recipe and your air fryer to work in best partnership, you need to add a team member. A kitchen scale will go a long way in your kitchen. Though the above-described three products are just some options, I found them the Best Kitchen Scales. There are a lot of other options available, but among the above products, all the essentials of a scale are covered. So go buy one today and enjoy cooking!