Air fryer mushrooms are the quick and healthy snack or side dish you didn’t know you needed! These crispy, savory, bite-sized apps go from the fryer to the table in less than 15 minutes! Thread them onto wooden skewers and arrange them with your favorite dip for an elegant appetizer guaranteed to impress your guests!
Air Fryer Breaded Mushrooms
- ½ pound mushrooms button
- ½ cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs panko
- ⅔ cup parmigiana reggiano cheese grated
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 360°F
- In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and Parmigiana cheese and set aside
- In another bowl, beat the egg and also aside
- Put the flour in a third bowl
- Wash the mushrooms and pat dry with kitchen paper
- For each mushroom: Roll the mushroom in the flour; dip the mushroom in the egg wash; and dip the mushroom in the breadcrumbs/cheese mix, ensure a good but even coating.
- Place all the mushrooms into the air fryer basket and cook for 7 minutes at 360°F , turn mushrooms halfway through