Here is a great air fryer that makes our best air fryers list for several reasons. We personally LOVE the simplicity of the analog dials (1 for time and 1 for temp). This model comes with fat removal technology that extracts and captures excess fat. The result is delicious and healthier fried food that is as crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
This 4 quart Philips Premium air fryer XXL grills, roasts, bakes, reheats, dehydrates, and toasts, so it takes on the role of multiple kitchen appliances, even the toaster oven. This air fryer gets up to temperature extremely fast, therefore there is no need to preheat. It cooks up to 4 times faster than a conventional oven. The Philips Premium Air Fryer XXL creates less smell and spattering than conventional ovens. It is easy to clean, safe and economical for daily use.
The Philips Premium Air Fryer XXL is currently
$349.95 $204.99 on Amazon.com
This air fryer has a 4 quart capacity (3 pounds) and will serve up to 6 people. It has one basket so you can only cook one food at a time. You can fit a whole chicken or 2 bags of frozen french fries with results just as crispy as deep-fried. The square shape of the basket holds more food than round baskets in other air fryers.
This air fryer has the Philips Air Flow and starfish design to extract and capture fat from food. It cooks food uniformly on all sides every time thanks to this technology. With its multi-cooking technology it can air fry, grill, roast, bake, reheat, dehydrate and toast. It has popular, simple to use dials for time and temp settings. This model is analog, not digital. The parts that come in contact with food are BPA-free. The air fryer basket is square (9 inches in length, by 9 inches in width, by 3.75 inches high) which holds more than the round baskets found in some air fryers.
There are lots of accessories to purchase separately, including kits for pizza, grilling, snacks, parties and baking.
Ease of Use
Of all of the air fryers out there, this one is possibly the easiest to use. There is no touchscreen, just two simple analog dials (one for time & one for temp). No preheating is necessary and it is super hot in seconds.
Cleaning is simple. This Philips Premium Air Fryer XXL is stainless steel coated with non-stick Teflon which make it easy to clean. It includes dishwasher-safe removable parts and a quick-clean basket with non-stick mesh. Philips recommends not using abrasive cleaners or metal scrubs as it could scratch the unit while cooking.
The Philips Premium air fryer XXL has a full 12 month warranty.
Philips Premium Air Fryer XXL Reviews
There are over 1,000 reviews on Amazon that are 4.5 or above.
- Make sure the drawer is closed completely. If it is not, the pan detection switch is not deactivated and the device does not start heating.
- If you set the air fryer to heat at 100 degrees F or below, it may seem that the air fryer is not heating.
- High quality from a very reliable brand
- Non-stick; dishwasher-safe basket
- No confusing touchscreens (popular analog dials)
- Sleek, black good-looking design
- High capacity (4 Qt/3 lbs/6 portions)
- Rapid Air technology for crispier results
- Fat Removal technology separates and captures excess fat
- 7-in-1 Functionality: Air fry, bake, grill, roast, reheat, dehydrate and toast
- Powerful (2225 Watts)
- No preheating required
- Relatively pricey
- Too large for permanent counter real estate
- Heavy (over 18 pounds)
- Tends to emit smoke when cooking meat